Friday, May 11, 2012

Zephyr Square Brim Fitteds, Snapback Rant, Snapback Of The Week

This week's post is a collaboration of ideas for the Zephyr Super-fan blog. Included is a preview of a project that Zephyr is working on that is to be released during the fall of 2012, a rant on snapbacks that I have been thinking about, and lastly, the snapback the week.


Projects that Zephyr is currently working on include bringing back the square brim fitted hat, pictured above. These were part of what Zephyr made in 1993 when they first begun. Zephyr's new version of the 1993 fitted has the "feel of a snapback but in the original fitted shape." It is due to be released sometime during the fall of 2012. I have a feeling this hats are going to be extremely popular! To see more of these pictures, check out Zephyr's Facebook Page, and look at their albums. Buy them on Hatmonster.

Snapback Rant: it has occurred to me that individuals who wear snapbacks are biased. A bias that labels the individual as reckless, rebellious, etc. You are probably familiar with this bias, or stereotype. I am not completely opposed to this bias, because many people I see around my city present themselves and act accordingly. However, I do not want this bias is placed upon me when I go into public, or even am around acquaintances. I do not want to be associated with recklessness or rebellion. While the bias is true because of the reckless people who wear snapbacks, I also think that it came about because of some (not all) rap icons who present themselves and their music as 'gangster', 'reckless', and 'I do what I want', who too wear snapbacks. It seems that the music presented has an underlying ideal that the hearer embraces without knowing. Afterward, the hearer begins to live by the same ideals, often a 'reckless' way of living. Why should a fantastic, quality-made Zephyr snapback be accompanied with this bias? It shouldn't. I want to encourage snapback-wearers to act self-controlled and caring in public; therefore disproving public opinion, and giving the snapback a respectable reputation.

"The Snapback Of The Week" this week is not one individual snapback, but a collaboration done with Zephyr. It was released May 11, 2012 in celebration of the Denver Nuggets convincing 113-96 win against the L.A. Lakers. Zephyr was founded in Colorado, so implementing the Denver area code of "303" onto a snapback would be very appropriate. Designed in twelve different colorways, the Zephyr '303' Snapbacks features colorways for the Denver Nuggets, Denver Broncos, Colorado Rockies, as well as others. 

No comments: