Friday, June 22, 2012

The Miami Heat Wins 2012 NBA Championship

This post may not be associated with Zephyr as much as it should; but I will do my best. As many know, the Miami Heat won the NBA Championship yesterday, June 21st, 2012. Led by the trio of Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh, the Heat took the series against the young, yet talented, Oklahoma City Thunder. I thought I might add some posts about other relevant sports news, and throw some Zephyr-related information to spice it up. How could I incorporate the Miami Heat winning the NBA Championship into this? Well, Zephyr does make NBA hats for a number of teams. In summary, because sports leagues have negotiated multi-year deals with hat companies, rights and licenses are very strict and compicating. With the NBA, Zephyr only has the rights to sell NBA hats to arenas. Because the only way to get them is from the arena, certain die-hard Zephyr fans will go to games to buy from these arena collection snapbacks. Examples of some of the arena collections that Zephyr has made with the NBA can be seen below.

While I am on this topic, I want to quote something that the President of Zephyr noted: "some of the [hat] companies that have these licenses [to NBA, NHL, etc.] look to our college or NHL lines and then turn around and knock off our styles to the best they can and sell them in NBA, NFL, etc." I myself have seen this in a number of Mitchell & Ness hats. Zephyr looks "forward to someday making all these other Pro Leagues and upgrading their fans hat selection in a big way." What a day that will be!



No comments: